Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bizarro World

Someone asked me today how I was and the only response I could come up with was "I'm great, but I'm living in bizarro world."  That, of course, received a quizzical look because it's probably one of the stranger responses to a question normally answered with "I'm good, how are you?".  It is nonetheless true, that I have had a strange week.

First, I am going to be 30 in a few weeks.  30.  That seems so... 30.  I cannot comprehend what that means, not because I'm freaking out about turning 30, but because I don't feel old enough to be that old.  Does that make sense?

Second, apparently Metta World Peace stopped by the office this week.  Random, right?  I did not get to meet him, but I've seen plenty of photos floating around Facebook of those who did.  The person who he came to visit thought it might be an elaborate hoax, but turned out to be real-life.  Strange, right?  Not every day a NBA star shows up at your office (in Palo Alto, where we do nothing related to sports or sports games).

Third, I spoke with the actor who played Zack Addy (Eric Millegan) on the phone yesterday.  Turns out, we have a mutual friend who was so amused at my befuddlement at the idea that they knew each other that he called him, and we chatted.  It was surreal, but apparently very much real life.  Huh.  It's been a while since I've seen the early seasons of Bones, but he was one of my favorites and there has never been a Squintern after I enjoyed as much.

And that concludes the events of bizarro world week.  Okay, so maybe not so bizarre, but still not quite par for the course when it comes to my little life.  They say life is stranger than fiction.  I guess that week has proved that true.

No comments:

Post a Comment